Sending Everyone Home Safe is Our Goal.
At TDI, safety is more than a priority. It is in our values.
Thermo Design is committed to providing a safe work environment to protect our staff, the public and property. We have implemented a comprehensive safety program in cooperation with local construction safety associations.
Thermo Design’s HSE Program provides:
- Corporate policy, assigned responsibilities, and workplace rules
- Environmental policy, hazard assessment, and controls
- On-going work orientation, training and education, and communication
- Job-specific safe work practices and procedures
- Equipment operation and maintenance practices and procedures
- Safety requirements and systems that focus on management, supervisor and employee awareness to reduce workplace incidents
- Incident Investigation, audits, and reporting
- Worksite health & safety inspections to monitor the health & safety of our workforce as well as monitor the program effectiveness
- Emergency management and response systems and procedures
- A modified work program so any injured employee can continue safe and meaningful work during recovery
Thermo Design also employs a full time National Construction Safety Officer to work closely with our managers and workers to support our operations.
A Culture of Safety
On our jobsites, crews hold mandatory safety meetings to address current HS&E issues. Quarterly safety meetings are also held where workers, supervisors and managers are expected to attend.
Compulsory corporate education and training include:
- A drug and alcohol program
- Supervisor safety training
- A mentoring program
- First aid training
- A workplace hazardous material information system
TDI sees safety as a continuous drive for achievement and improvement, because safety benefits everyone. At Thermo Design, we are committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our workers, clients, and communities where we operate.